Racing enthusiasts coming to Kuala Lumpur for the Formula One Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix in April, will not only get to see the world’s hottest race, but also experience the city’s hottest event the KL Grand Prix City.
The 8th edition of KL Grand Prix City will feature concerts, race-theme events, Formula One racing exhibitions, street racing show car run, exclusive parties, fashion extravaganzas, dining and great shopping experience leading up to race day on the April 10.
Here’s what you can expect:
• Twin Towers @live 2011 – an open air music concert to be held at the iconic Twin Towers of Kuala Lumpur for two nights on April 8 and 9 from 6pm to 1am – absolutely free for all. Special areas are available for Formula One Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix grandstand ticket holders.
• April 8 live with The Fray – an American Rock Band nominated a Grammy Award for best ‘Pop Vocal Album’ in 2010. At the same time, a performance by the band Hoobastank, who is best known for their hits ‘The Reason’ and ‘Crawling in the Dark’.
• On April 9 the line-up will include Colby O’ Donis, a Grammy nominated pop and R&B singer-songwriter, guitarist, producer and actor. The Earth, Wind and Fire Experience will wrap the Twin Towers @live 2011 and their last song will be synchronised with a spectacular fireworks display.
• Malaysian popular artists including Yuna, The Azenders, Bunkface, Mizz Nina and Joe Flizzow will showcase their acts at this free concert as well.
• Also performing in Kuala Lumpur on April 10 at Putra World Trade Centre is Bruno Mars – the recent winner of the Grammy Award for ‘Best Male Pop Performance’.
• STYLO Fashion Grand Prix with the theme ‘Fashion Theatre’, will run from April 2 to 10 featuring fashion shows, fashion awards, fashion ball and fashion grand prix themed parties. More fashion shows will be staged at the Pavilion shopping centre including the Spring Summer MaxMara Red Carpet Fashion Showcase on April 3. The fashion shows by STYLO will feature finalists of Malaysia’s Ford Model Search Supermodel of the World.
• Variety of stylish shoes will be on display including Rihanna’s Stuart Weitzman Swarovski Boot Display from April 1 to 30 at the Pavilion KL, in celebration of the International Shoe Festival. Adorned with over 22,000 Swarovski clear crystal stones, this boot is Stuart Weitzman’s unique take on fashion footwear hot trend, the thigh-high boot. Each stone was set by hand, which took over 200 hours of labour. The first pair created was displayed in the Stuart Weitzman Awards Suite and worn by music superstar and fashion icon Rihanna at the 2010 Academy Awards.
• Malaysian Grand Prix Sale happening now till end of April – a month long of shopping where you can enjoy great savings up to 70% discount on almost everything all over Kuala Lumpur.
• Spend & Win contests at selected malls offer exciting prizes, Formula One tickets, invitation to the red carpet fashion shows and even business class tickets to Italy to the winners. Check out the latest mall at Bukit Bintang – “Fahrenheit 88” a new leading retail destination for mid-range fashion, food and lifestyle.
• Red Bull Speed Street KL on April 3 at 3pm along Jalan Bukit Bintang shopping strip will give visitors a unique opportunity to experience the energy of the Formula One in the heart of the city. Catch the special appearance by Team Lotus drivers, Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli.
• On display from April 4 to 10 at Fahrenheit 88 are racing cars of the Merdeces GP Petronas.
• Korean superstar Rain would take the centre stage with his own dancing team. You can expect a sensational show by the pop star. Rain’s concert is free for those holding grandstand tickets, and spectators with hill stand ticket just need to top up another RM138 (US $ 55).
Visit Kuala Lumpur’s hottest season and you can look forward to a world class sporting event that offers spectacular Formula One race action, and great weekend festival at the 8th edition of KL Grand Prix City 2011. Tickets for the 13th Formula One Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix 2011 starts at just US $25.