Kuala Lumpur Mayor’s Tourism Awards 2011 for the Best in the Industry

Press Room > 2011

The Kuala Lumpur City Hall has introduced for the first time, the Mayor’s Tourism Awards.  This is to recognise those in the tourism industry who have contributed in making Kuala Lumpur city as an attractive international tourism destination.  There are a total of nine categories of awards to be presented in this inaugural edition, they are for:

1.  Accomodation  2. Restaurant  3. Tourist Attraction  4.  Nightspot  5.  Shopping Mall  6.  International Tour Operator  7.  International Airline  8.  Print Media (Magazine) and 9.  Excellent Front Liner

Nominations are open to all tourism industry players who fall within the above categories.  The nominee’s office centre of operations must be located in Kuala Lumpur city, and come under the jurisdiction of Kuala Lumpur City Hall.  This however, does not apply to the international tour operators and international airlines.

There are three methods of nominations: self nomination, by invitation and third party nomination.  Nomination forms can be downloaded from www.klmayortourismawards.com . Nominations are open from March 11, 2011.

The eligible entries in each category will be judged through points awarded by the panel of judges. The judges’ point will count for 95% of the total marks, while public voting for the remaining 5%. On-line public voting is from May 2 through May 23, 2011.

Judging are conducted by an independent panel of judges for each of the categories.  Members of the judging panels are made up of experts in a particular field and senior industry players.  Stringent judging criteria have been set by the panel of judges for each award, and the process will take over a month to complete.

The judges with Noraza Yusof (second from right), Head of Secretariat of Kuala Lumpur Mayor’s Tourism Awards.

The panel of judges of the different catogeries of awards with the Mayor of Kuala Lumpur (seventh from left).

Guests at the press conference and launching of the first edition of the Mayor’s Tourism Awards held at the Kuala Lumpur City Hall.

After the results are tabulated and audited, the nominess will be informed, and invited to attend the Kuala Lumpur Mayor’s Tourism Awards gala dinner which is scheduled to be held on June 21.

For more information, you can contact Noraza Yusof, Head of Secretariat of Kuala Lumpur Mayor’s Tourism Awards at 603-2617 6273 or email her at: secretariat@klmayortourismawards.com